General Toshevo Municipality is located in the historical and geographic area of Dobrudja, located in the northeastern part of Bulgaria. The main tourist destination is the Black Sea with its resorts, which are missing on the territory of the municipality but their proximity creates opportunities for attracting visitors and guests to the local objects and tourist attractions.
The following natural resources are located on the territory of the municipality General Toshevo: protected zone Coastal Dobrudzha with area of 6517.31 ha (of which 6391.1 ha fall into the General Toshevo municipality); protected zone Rossitsa – Loznitsa with area of 1812.0 ha, of which 31% are protected territory (PT); protected zone Izvorovo-Kraishte with area of 1081.5 ha; protected zone Kardam with area of 918.3 ha; protected zone Chairya with area of 1451.2 ha (partially spanning the territory of Dobrich-rural municipality) were included in 2005 into the list of BirdLife International as Important Bird Area (IBA) for Europe (№ 085), whereas with Ordinance № 122 dated 2007 of the Council of Ministers and under № BG 0002085, а Legal Order was passed for the wild birds protection; natural landmark Arboretum – town of General Toshevo, natural landmark centennial tree Summer Oak – the village of Dubovik; These natural tourist resources are a good basis for the development of hunting and ecotourism.
The most characteristic steppe elements in the municipality are the dry meadow association and the steppe biota species. The steppe fauna complex has a definitively conservation status, mammals in particular – three species globally and 2 species of regionally endangered rodents and predators.
The anthropogenic resources on the territory of the General Toshevo municipality include: the house of Dora Gabe’s birth – the village of Dubovik; the building of the cultural center, where Memorial Exposition Dora Gabe is located and which contains photos and personal belongings of the poetess; a dendrarium with unique vegetation types – the Dobrudzha Agricultural Institute; the school in the village of Krassen, which was built in 1865 and where writer Yordan Yovkov worked and a museum collection; Philip’s tavern; a church which opened doors in 1860 – village of Krassen; millhouse – the village of Izvorovo (there the drama Albena unfolds; historical museum – the town of General Toshevo; remnants from a stronghold off the village of Vassilevo; remnants from a stronghold off the village of Izvorovo; remnants from a stronghold off the village of Ograzhden; remnants from a stronghold off the village of Preselentsi; remnants from a stronghold off the village of Sredina; the Karaliyski kaynak – village of Izvorovo; the Cossac tomb in the village of Pchelarovo; the church in the village of Zhiten; Dobrudja house in the village of Dabovik and a guest house in the village of Kalina.
The following cultural initiatives and events are organized on the territory of the municipality:
• Dora Gabe national best young poetess contest – the village of Dubovik; General Toshevo municipality, Dobrich region. Organisers: General Toshevo municipality, Cultural center Dora Gabe – the village of Dubovik;
• Festivities of the town of General Toshevo – the town of General Toshevo, Dobrich region; Organisers: General Toshevo municipality, Cultural center Svetlina – General Toshevo;
• Easter Dobrudzha Music Competition – instrumental groups – the town of General Toshevo, Dobrich region; Organisers: General Toshevo municipality and Cultural center Svetlina;
• Dora Gabe national literature contest for young poetesses – the village of Dubovnik, General Toshevo municipality, Dobrich region; Organisers: General Toshevo municipality, Cultural center Svetlina;
• Ivan Georgiev national young artists competition – the village of Dubovik, General Toshevo municipality; Organisers: General Toshevo municipality and Cultural center Svetlina, Cultural center Hristo Botev in the village of Dubovik;
• Dobrudzha folklore fair Bogoroditsa – General Toshevo municipality, Dobrich region; Organisers: General Toshevo municipality, Cultural center Svetlina.
• Festival of Urban Song “Give Me a Sea”. Organizers: General Toshevo Municipality and Shabla Municipality, Cultural center “Svetlina”.
• A gathering of the Bulgarians who were relocated from Northern Dobrudja in the village of Dubovik.• Festival “Enyov day” of the Generations and Traditions – Near Dryan Dam” in the village of Krasen, and”Yovkovi Holidays”.
• Feasts of bread, wheat and Dobrudja in the village of Spasovo.